A superb collection of 5 items celebrating 5 of the greats of Australian Test cricket during the half-century to 1999.
Each has the same edition number - 13 in the edition of 350.
Each is personally signed and celebrates the career of one of the greats:
1. Ian Chappell - tough and resilient year in, year out, at the perilous Number 3 position. Played 71 Tests in a row from 1965 to 1975/76 before captaining Australia in WSC, returning for further Tests in 79/80, averaging 50.67 on his return. Arguably Australia's best cricket broadcaster.
2. Doug Walters - the "Dungog Dasher" famously hit a century in a session at the WACA against England in 1974, where he hit Bob Willis for six from the last ball of the day to bring up his ton. His 250 against New Zealand in 1977 is the highest by any batsman in the number six position. In 74 Tests he averaged a very impressive 48.26 in scoring 5,357 runs.
3. Greg Chappell - succeeded his brother to the Australian captaincy in 1975, making 123 and 109 not out in his first Test as captain. A classic stylist as a batsman, he became a cornerstone of the all-conquering side of the 1970s, a team widely regarded as one of Australia's finest.
4. David Boon - Normally an early wicket had fallen...and the opposition inroad was more often than not blunted by "Boonie", a resolute number 3 following his early career opening partnership with Geoff Marsh. One of the first 5 Australian batsmen to score more than 7,000 in Tests.
5. Neil Harvey - the "baby" of the 1948 Invincibles, Harvey was a dashing left hander with an authoritative drive, powerful hook, and a hawk-like presence in the covers. To Bradman, he possessed "the brilliance and daring of youth" and, following his Test retirement in 1962/1963, had a Test aggregate secondly only to The Don.
In marvellous condition with some minor blemishes consistent with age.
How long does it take to ship my order?
If you have a time constraint to receive your item, such as a birthday or event, please contact us so we can let you know our stock situation and work with you towards a solution.
• Item is in stock – shipped within 2 business days
• Item requires framing – Item shipped within 2 weeks
• Item coming from a supplier – Item shipped within 1-4 weeks
Tell me about Shipping
All our shipped items require signature on delivery and a street address, we can’t deliver to PO Boxes. Shipping within Australia is free! Even those large, heavy items. If you are in a remote area of Australia or international to Australia we may contact you with shipping quotes. We are also happy for you to contact us before purchase to ask for a shipping quote. We use Aramex and Australia Post for most of our shipping.
Needing something quickly?
All our shipped items require signature on delivery and a street address, we can’t deliver to PO Boxes. Shipping is free within Australia however If you are in a remote area we may contact you with additional shipping quotes. We are also happy for you to contact us before purchase to ask for a shipping quote. We use Aramex and Australia Post for most of our shipping.
Do you ship internationally?
If you would like to purchase something and have it shipped internationally, we recommend purchasing an unframed item and getting it framed local to you. Most couriers will not ship framed products internationally due to the size of the package. Feel free to contact us to obtain an international shipping quote before purchasing.