Rugby League

Manly 2011 Premiers Lithograph Personally Signed by Ballin and Robertson

  • Product SKU: RL648
  • Edition: Open
  • Framed Size: 770 x 660 (mm)
  • Unframed Size: 650 x 530 (mm)
  • Signature: Personally signed by Matt Ballin and Michael Robertson
  • Certificate of Authenticity: Yes

Buy now:*

  • Delivery cost: $30.00
Add To Cart

* Seen this item cheaper elsewhere?Let us know, and we will match it or BEAT IT! Conditions applied.

Product Details

The Manly Sea Eagles powered their way to the Premiership in 2011 and overcame all obstacles. This image of the squad celebrating after the Grand Final has been signed by 2 of the Grand Final team - Matt Ballin and Michael Robertson.

It comes with a individually numbered Certificate of Authenticity and Sports Online's 100% Authenticity Guarantee.

Manly's opponents for the grand final, held at Stadium Australia on 2 October, were the New Zealand Warriors, who had finished sixth on the NRL ladder. The Warriors had defeated the Melbourne Storm in the second qualifying final, ruining the chances of a "Battle of Brookvale" grand final re-match. The Warriors were playing in their second first-grade grand final; it was Manly's 18th. Manly would also become the first club to play in grand finals in seven consecutive decades. Reflecting on this record, rugby league historian David Middleton said leading up to the match: "No other club has done what they have, it's a unique achievement."

Manly fielded a near full strength team for the grand final. Ten of its 17-man squad had previous grand final experience. Glenn Stewart returned from his "Battle of Brookvale" suspension, while Jason King and David Williams were the only players missing through injury.

The match was played in front of 81,988 spectators and, for the third year in a row, in the rain. After a tight opening 30 minutes, the Warriors led 2–0. However, Manly broke clear with two tries before half-time, the first to Brett Stewart and the second to Daly Cherry-Evans, one play after an audacious kick from forward Glenn Stewart in his own half allowed winger Michael Robertson to break free. Manly stretched its lead to 16 points after half-time following a try to Glenn Stewart, set up by a blind flick pass from William Hopoate as he was pushed out of play. The Warriors scored two unconverted tries in the final fifteen minutes to narrow the deficit to eight points; however, Manly held onto its lead and celebrated victory with a try to captain Jamie Lyon in the final minute of play. The final score was 24–10. Glenn Stewart was awarded the Clive Churchill Medal as the player of the match.

Delivery Information

* Delivery price does not apply to remote areas of Australia or international orders. You will be contacted regarding additional fees if this applies to you.

Delivery Times:

  • In Stock - Ready as Ordered: 3-9 working days via Courier or Australia Post
  • In Stock - Framing Required: 1-2 weeks framing time plus above.
  • Out of stock but available framed from supplier: Approx. 1-2 weeks
  • Out of stock - framing required: Approx. 3-4 weeks
  • Some items will have specific delivery times listed, eg. '4 weeks after Grand Final'.
  • If in doubt or needed by a specific date, please ask us.

Official Products

We have a huge catalogue of official products from a wide range of sports: The Wallabies, All Blacks, AFL, Cricket Australia, Soccer Australia, NBA and more!

Please wait...